How to Install Lollipop On Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Galaxy Note 3 is an awesome smartphone with many features. It was one of the best smartphones I have ever seen. It was like a beast and still it is. Android 5.0 lollipop for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is available on Poland meaning the international roll out is coming soon. If you are wondering about how to get lollipop in your Galaxy Note 3 then follow the steps below, and you will be using lollipop on Samsung Galaxy within minutes.
How to Install Lollipop On Samsung Galaxy Note 3 by using Kies
This is most probably the easiest way to install android 5.0 lollipop on Galaxy Note 3. We will be using Samsung Kies to do this. At first you have to download the latest version of Samsung Kies on your computer. After installing this software, connect your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with your computer with a USB cable. Then open the Kie software and you will be notified by the kie that there is an update available for your Galaxy Note 3 to upgrade to android 5.0 . Just follow the steps on te Kie and you will be able to upgrade your Galaxy Note 3 to lollipop. However, if you are unable or kie didn’t allowed then follow the para below about how to install Android 5.0 lollipop on Galaxy Note 3 with Odin.
How to Install Android 5.0 Lollipop On Galaxy Note 3 With Odin
N900XXUEBBOA5 is the build number of android 5.0 lollipop firmware. It’s the official firmware for Galaxy Note 3 LTE, SM- N9005. However, this is a polish firmware but it will work on international Note 3 also. If you ae using a carrier-branded note 3 then you might face some problems while using it. It is recommended to understand the risks by yourself and make the decision by yourself to manually tinkering your device. Please do this at your own risk. Follow the steps below to install android lollipop 5.0 on your Galaxy Note 3 with Odin.
- At first download Samsung drivers
- Download N900XXUEBOA5 firmware for the Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005
- Download Odin v3.09
- Charge your phone to atleast 75%
- Enable USB debugging. Settings> Developer options
- Don’t forget to take backup of your important files
Install Lollipop on Samsung Galaxy Note 3
- At-first unzip the firmware that you downloaded previously
- Now, launch Odin
- Press volume down + Power+ Home button to reboot your Galaxy Note 3 in download mode
- Connect Galaxy Note 3 to computer Via USB cable. wait for few seconds as the Odin recognizes it. You will see a blue box opening beside ID:COM
- Only Auto-reboot & F.Reset time should be checked in Odin
- Re-Partition should not be checked, I repeat Re-Partition should not be checked
- Now click on the AP button and browse to locate the tar.md5 file in the unzipped firmware file , now hit start
- Wait for the procedure to complete and do not disconnect your Note 3 on the process, this might take few minutes
- Once it is successful you will see a green PASS message
- Your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 will restart on few minutes and it will be running on Android 5.0 lollipop
- Voila you have installed lollipop on Samsung Galaxy Note 3
As you have successfully upgraded to android lollipop you can start restoring the backups to your Samsung Galaxy Note 3. However if you are facing any problems then reboot your Note 3 in Fastboot by pressing Volume UP+ Power + Home . Now use the volume button to navigate and use the power button to access recovery mode. Clean cache partition and reboot. However if facing major bugs while starting, then I recommend factory reset from recovery mode & restore the data again.