How To Root Huawei Mate S and Install TWRP Recovery
Huawei Mate S is one of the new phone which has very brilliant design. With the sapphire coated glass screen, the unibody of this device looks amazing. This is a full metal body and the sleekness of this device is extremely awesome. This phone is just 7.2mm thick and this makes it more gorgeous than other smartphones.
Today we will teach you how to install TWRP on Huawei Mate S and how to root Huawei Mate S. Just follow the guide and you will root & install TWRP on Huawei Mate S.
How To Root Huawei Mate S And Install TWRP Recovery
- Doing this will void your warranty
- You are following this tutorial on your own risk
How To Install TWRP Recovery On Huawei Mate S
1. At first you need to install Android SDK on your PC or MAC or Linux
2. After that you need to access Developer Options & you need to check the “OEM Unlock” option
3. Now download the TWRP Recovery File. Then, save the file to the computer.
4. Now the rename recovery.img to something which you can easily recall. Like Huawei-mate-S.img
5. Now you need to connect your Huawei Mate S with the PC via USB cable
6. Now, go to the folder where you have placed the TWR recovery file and open a command prompt window. In order to open a command prompt you need to press & hold the Shift Keyboard Key while clicking on any blank space.
7. While in the cmd window , write : “adb reboot bootloader”. Now your Huawei Mate S will automatically reboot into fastboot mode.
8. Now type : “fastboot devices” – Your Huawei Mate S should be listed, if not then reinstall the USB drivers .
9. Now, while in the same cmd window, type : “fastboot flash recovery Huawei-mate-S.img
10. You have to wait for the whole process to finish.
After this, you need to unplug the USB cord & then reboot the Mate S.
How To Get Root Access on Huawei Mate S
1. At-first you need the root exploit (download) & then place it on the desktop.
2. Now take the USB cable and connect your phone with the computer with it
3. Now, transfer the root file to the Mate S and after transferring , unplug the cable from the computer
4. Now, you need to turn off your device first and then go to the recovery mode
5. While in the recovery mode on Huawei Mate S you need to select the Install option then choose the root file
6. Now resume the flashing process
7. After that tap on the “reboot system now”
9. Now , if you see that a boot loop is issued you need to go back to the recovery and then select the “wipe data factory reset” and then “wipe cache partition“.
I hope you get the best out of your Huawei Mate S. Just follow the guide above and you will easily install TWRP & root your device.