How to Turn Off Pixel 7?
The Google Pixel 7 is a powerful smartphone packed with impressive features and known for its exceptional performance. However, just like any electronic device, there are times when you’ll need to power down or restart your phone, whether for a routine software update, to troubleshoot a problem, or simply to give your device a break. In this article, we will guide you through the steps to successfully turn off your Google Pixel 7.
Before you begin, please ensure your device is charged sufficiently. If your battery is critically low, the device may not respond to your attempts to shut it down. Now, let’s proceed with the instructions.
Unlike previous models, the Pixel 7 and 7 Pro no longer allow you to switch off the device by simply pressing down on the power button. Instead, pressing this button wakes up Google Assistant. However, there are several methods to turn off your Pixel 7:
- Button Combo: Locate the side button (the smaller button above the longer volume button) and the volume down button (the lower half of the long button on the phone’s right side when the screen is facing you). Press these buttons together and hold for about 3-5 seconds. This will open up the power menu on your screen. Then, you can click on the Power off button on the screen to switch off the device.
- Quick Settings Menu: Swipe down once on your homescreen to open the notification shade. Swipe down again to open the Quick Settings menu. In the bottom right corner, you will see a power icon. Tap this icon to open the power menu.
- Google Assistant: You can also use Google Assistant to invoke the power menu. Wake Google Assistant by either pressing the Side key, or using the “Hey Google” default wake word. Then, say “Turn off my phone,” “Switch off,” or “Restart my phone.” Once Google Assistant understands your words, it will open up the power menu. You can click on the switch off or restart buttons as per your needs.
Also, if you’d like to revert to the older behavior where pressing the side key opens the power menu, you can do so by following these steps:
- Go to Settings > System > Gestures > Press & hold power button.
- Click the Power menu option under the Press & hold power button to access section. This will switch from the default Digital assistant option to the Power menu option.
Now, every time you long press the Side key on your Pixel 7, it will open the power menu.