Google Pixel 7 Review: Top 10 Reasons to Buy | Comprehensive Guide
In the ever-evolving landscape of smartphones, Google’s Pixel series has consistently pushed boundaries, offering users top-of-the-line features with each new iteration. The Google Pixel 7, the latest entrant in this line-up, is no exception. Combining Google’s innovative software prowess with cutting-edge hardware, the Pixel 7 sets new benchmarks for what a smartphone can be. From its advanced camera system and crystal-clear display to its durable build and powerful performance, the device encapsulates the best of Google’s technology. If you’re considering an upgrade or simply looking for a phone that delivers an exceptional user experience, here are ten compelling reasons why you should buy the Google Pixel 7.
- High-Resolution Cameras: The Pixel 7 comes with an impressive camera system, featuring a dual camera setup on the back and a single camera on the front. The main rear camera is a 50 MP sensor with multi-directional Phase Detection Auto Focus (PDAF), Laser Auto Focus (AF), and Optical Image Stabilization (OIS). This high-resolution sensor, coupled with Google’s computational photography algorithms, can capture detailed and vibrant photos in a variety of lighting conditions. The secondary 12 MP ultrawide camera allows for capturing more of the scene in one shot, perfect for landscapes or group photos. The front camera, a 10.8 MP sensor, delivers high-quality selfies with good detail and color accuracy. All cameras support 4K video recording, allowing you to capture high-quality video footage. The Pixel series of phones has been lauded for its camera performance in the past, and the Pixel 7 continues this tradition with its high-resolution cameras.
- Powerful and Efficient Google Tensor G2 Chipset: The Google Tensor G2 chipset is the beating heart of the Pixel 7. Designed by Google, this chip is built on a 5nm process and has an octa-core configuration. It features 2 Cortex-X1 cores for high-performance tasks, 2 Cortex-A78 cores for balanced tasks, and 4 Cortex-A55 cores for efficient, low-power tasks. This design ensures a balance between power and efficiency, making sure your phone can handle heavy tasks like gaming and multitasking without draining the battery too quickly. The presence of the Google Tensor G2 chipset also allows for better integration with Google’s suite of apps and services, providing a more seamless user experience.
- Stunning AMOLED Display: The display is one of the most crucial aspects of any smartphone, and the Pixel 7 shines in this area. It sports a 6.3-inch AMOLED display, which is known for its ability to produce deep blacks and vibrant colors. The display has a high resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels, offering crisp and clear visuals. The 90Hz refresh rate ensures smooth scrolling and animation, enhancing the overall user experience. Furthermore, the display supports HDR10+, which allows for better color and contrast in HDR content. The screen can also reach a peak brightness of 1400 nits, making it easy to read even under direct sunlight. The display is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass Victus, which provides excellent resistance against scratches and damage from drops.
- Impressive Camera Quality: The Pixel series has always been praised for its camera performance, and the Pixel 7 continues this trend. The main camera setup consists of a 50 MP wide lens and a 12 MP ultrawide lens, providing flexibility in shooting different types of photos. The 50 MP main sensor captures detailed and sharp images, while the 12 MP ultrawide sensor allows for capturing more of the scene in a single shot. The camera system also features multi-directional Phase Detection Autofocus (PDAF) and Laser Autofocus for quick and accurate focusing, and Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) for reducing blur in photos and videos. As for video recording, the Pixel 7 supports 4K video recording at 30/60 frames per second, allowing you to capture high-quality, smooth videos. The camera also supports 1080p recording at up to 240 frames per second for slow-motion videos. It also supports 10-bit HDR, providing better video color and dynamic range.
- 5G Connectivity: The Pixel 7 supports the latest 5G network technology, which is a significant upgrade from the previous 4G LTE technology. 5G offers faster download and upload speeds, lower latency, and improved capacity compared to 4G networks. This means you can stream high-quality video without buffering, enjoy smooth online gaming, and quickly download or upload large files. Moreover, 5G also enhances the overall performance of apps and services that rely on real-time data, such as navigation apps, video conferencing, and cloud services. Importantly, the Pixel 7 supports sub-6 GHz and mmWave 5G technologies, ensuring broad compatibility with different 5G networks worldwide. This makes the Pixel 7 a future-proof device that is ready for the global rollout of 5G networks.
- Durable Build and Water Resistance: The Pixel 7 is built with high-quality materials for durability. It uses Gorilla Glass Victus, the toughest glass from Corning, on both the front and back of the device. This provides excellent resistance to scratches and damage from drops. The frame of the device is made from aluminum, adding to the device’s overall sturdiness. Beyond just the build quality, the Pixel 7 is also designed to resist dust and water. It has an IP68 rating, which means it is dust-tight and can withstand being submerged in up to 1.5 meters of water for up to 30 minutes. This makes the Pixel 7 a rugged device that can withstand accidental spills, rain, and brief submersions, providing peace of mind in everyday use.
- Long Battery Life: One of the key features to look for in a smartphone is battery life, and the Pixel 7 doesn’t disappoint. It is equipped with a 4355 mAh Li-Ion battery, a substantial size that can comfortably last a day of regular use. But it’s not just about the size of the battery. The device also includes power-efficient components, like the Google Tensor G2 chipset and the AMOLED display, which help to extend the battery life further. Additionally, the device runs on Android 13, which includes several battery optimization features to ensure efficient battery use. All these factors combined mean that the Pixel 7 can support prolonged usage without needing frequent charging. And when you do need to charge, the Pixel 7 supports fast charging, which can get your battery from 0 to 50% in just 30 minutes.
- Generous Storage and RAM: The Pixel 7 offers ample storage options with models that come with 128GB and 256GB of internal storage. This gives you plenty of room to store your photos, videos, apps, and other files. It’s beneficial for those who like to keep an extensive library of media on their device or for those who use apps that require a lot of storage. In addition to the generous storage, the Pixel 7 also comes with 8GB of RAM. More RAM allows for better multitasking, letting you keep more apps open in the background without slowing down your device. Whether you’re switching between social media apps, browsing the web with multiple tabs open, or playing a game while listening to music, the 8GB of RAM in the Pixel 7 can handle it all smoothly1.
- Excellent Connectivity Options: The Pixel 7 excels when it comes to connectivity. It supports the latest Wi-Fi 6E standard, offering faster speeds, lower latency, and improved performance in congested areas compared to older Wi-Fi standards. It also comes with Bluetooth 5.2, providing faster and more reliable connections with Bluetooth devices such as wireless headphones, speakers, or wearables. The Pixel 7 also includes NFC support, allowing contactless payments and easy pairing with certain devices. Finally, the device has a USB Type-C 3.2 port, which provides fast data transfer and charging. These advanced connectivity options make the Pixel 7 a versatile device that can connect seamlessly to various devices and networks.
- Immersive Audio Experience: The Google Pixel 7 has stereo speakers that provide an immersive audio experience whether you’re watching videos, playing games, or listening to music. Using two speakers allows for a more balanced and expansive soundstage than single-speaker designs. While the device doesn’t have a traditional 3.5mm headphone jack, it supports high-quality audio codecs over Bluetooth, like aptX HD, ensuring that wireless audio performance is also top-notch. It’s also worth noting that the USB Type-C port on the Pixel 7 can be used with wired headphones through a USB Type-C to 3.5mm adapter, offering flexibility for users who prefer wired audio accessories.
Alright, let’s bring this home! So, you’ve been through all the geeky stuff about the Google Pixel 7, and you’re probably wondering, “So, what’s the bottom line?” Well, here it is: the Pixel 7 is a rockstar of a phone! It’s packed with all the top-shelf goodies that you’d expect from Google. You’re getting a killer camera setup, a bright and sharp display, and super-fast performance that can handle anything you throw at it, from gaming to multitasking.
And that’s not all. With all the latest connectivity options and solid battery life, the Pixel 7 covers you whether you’re a social media junkie, a streaming devotee, or an on-the-go professional. Plus, it’s running on the freshest Android 13, so you’re always up-to-date with the latest features and security updates.
The Google Pixel 7 is more than just a smartphone – it’s your trusty sidekick for the digital age. Whether you’re a Pixel veteran or considering getting your first one, the Pixel 7 is a no-brainer. It’s a beast that delivers an unbeatable hardware and software combo. So, if you’re hunting for a new smartphone, the Pixel 7 is definitely one you should have on your radar!