Install CM12 Android 5.0 Lollipop on T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3
Android 5.0 lollipop will be released for the T0Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3 in near future. However if you don’t want to wait than you can always follow this guide which wil allow you to use CM12 Android Lollipop on Galaxy Note 3. Note that Android Lollipop 5.0 will be used through the CM12. Don’t be confused please.
This is not a easy process rather it’s a complex process which need to be followed correctly. If you follow the guide line by line in that case you won’t face any difficulties. Check whether this cyanogenMod is suitable for your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
Note: CM12 is under development stages. As a result there are some bugs and software problems included in this Android 5.0 Lollipop built. Even though there are few problem but the reports says that the user who installed CM12 Android 5.0 lollipop is using the handset properly and they are not facing any kind of trouble.
Another thing to notice is that this CM12 platform is not an official one by the CyanogenMod team rather developed by the xda-developers. This update is preinstalled with the stock Android 5.0 Lollipop features. Beside this it is loaded with some other awesome apps which will make your using experience better. If you want to learn precisely about this than check the developer page here.
- Root your T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 . It is required to be a rooted device to install any custom ROM like the CM12. For guide click here
- Install a custom recovery image like CWM on your Note 3
- If you want to save the current ROM than use this guide to take a NANDROID backup : CLICK HERE
- Note that doing this will void your warranty meaning you won’t get any support from warranty
- You need a computer ,your phone and the cable to do this process
- Note that before doing this you should backup your al types of files and settings to either your computer or in cloud through apps from Playstores like Titanium Backup Pro
- Stop any type of antivirus or firewall
- Enable the debugging in your Note 3 by going through : Menu > Settings > Developer option and allow debugging
- Recharge your handset to at least 70%
- This guide is only for the T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3
How to install the CM12 Android 5.0 Lollipop on T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 :
- You need to download a file in your computer. Remember to download the CM12 custom ROM
- Download this Google Apps Package . YOu can download it here . You have to flash it flash it separately.
- Connect your T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 with the computer
- Transfer the file sthat you have downloaded to Note 3 SD card. Remember don’t unzip the file, send the zip files
- Now disconnect your phone and turnit off and enter to recover mode. If you don’t know how to go to recovery mode than follow this guide : Recovery Mode
- Choose wipe data factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache
- Go back to the main menu of the recovery mode. Now select the “install Zip from SD card” , then choose ZIP from SD card
- Now pick the Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware. After that flash the CM12 package
- In order to install the Google APps Package you need to repeat the process.
- Now from the main menu of the recovery mode you need to select the “reboot system now”
Tell us in the comment whether you faced any kind of problem or not. This is how you root Galaxy note 3 with CM12 Android 5.0 lollipop.