How to Install CWM Recovery On Huawei P8
Custom recovery will help you to create and recover backups on your phone. if you are going to make a huge change or root your device then you may need to take a backup of existing setup , so that you can go back straight to that point.
Huawei P8 is an awesome handset which will eventually become very popular in the market. It has a good potential to penetrate the market with it’s brilliant specs. Today we will teach on how to install custom recovery on Huawei P8. This process is to install CWM Recovery but you can use to it install TWRP on Huawei P8 also.
- Unlock bootloader of Huawei P8
- Take a proper backup of every important data
Tutorial on How to Install CWM Recovery On Huawei P8
1. Download the Android SDK from the Android developers website and install it. Set it up with downloading platform -tools and USB Drivers package in SDK.
2. Enable USB debugging on your Huawei P8
3. Download the suitable Fastboot from the link below and extract in android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory. Create directory if it is not already there
4. Now turn off your huawei P8
5. Download CWM Custom Recovery . Then save it in the android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory on your computer. You can take either CWM or TWRP. If any of them fails you can use another
6. Let’s go to the Fastoot/Bootloader Mode on your Huawei P8. To go to bootloader mode you need to Press Volume Down & Up + Power keys for few seconds till you see text on the display.
Now navigate to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory and open Command Prompt (Shift+ Right Click > Open Command Prompt)
8. Now type the command below and press enter
fastboot flash recovery cwm-p8-nogui.img
9. Now reboot your phone
This process is only intended for rooting the device only. However, if you go to the recovery now, you will see it’s blank. Do not click any buttons once you reach the custom recovery.