How to Do Soft Reset and Hard Reset on Galaxy S6
Samsung Galxy S6 is an awesome smartphone with lots features. It has really powerful hardware and software also. If you are a proud owner of Samsung Galaxy S6 then you must have noticed the ultra blazing speed and performance of this handset. However sometimes you may need to do hard reset on your Samsung Galaxy S6 to fast it a little bit more or there might be some problem which can be cured by doing a reset on your samsung Galaxy S6. Today we will show you How to Do Soft Reset and Hard Reset on Galaxy S6.
There are two ways to do factory reset on Galaxy S6 two ways: Soft reset and hard reset on Samsung Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge.
How to Soft Reset Galaxy S6
If your Galaxy S6 is Frozen and not responding to anything then you can try a soft reset. A soft reset will restart the device and it will not erase any data. To do that you havt to hold the “Power” and “Volume Down” button for 10-15 seconds untill the Galaxy S6 turns off.
How to Hard Reset Samsung Galaxy S6
If you are having massive problems with your Samsung Galaxy S6 like it is not performing smoothly, or it is freezing constantly or hading malfunctions then you cna try to do a hard reset. Note that doing a hard reset will erase all data from memory of your device and it will set the phone at the factory defaults.
Method 1: From Startup
1. At first turn off your Samsung Galaxy S6 properly then press & hold “Volume Up+ Home + Power” buttons simultaneously.
2. Release the “Power ” button when you see the Samsung Logo appearing but keep holding the “volume Up” and “Home”
3. When the “Android System Recovery” screen appears release all the buttons
4. Now use the “Volume Down” to toggle the selection to “Wipe data/ Factory Reset“, then press “Power” to choose it
5. After that, use the “Volume Down” button to toggle the selection to “Yes- delete all user data” , then press “Power” to choose it
6. Now wait for the reset to finish. You will be promoted to “Reboot System Now“. Now press the Power button to select it.
VOila ! You just did a hard reset on Samsung Galaxy S6
Method 2 : Setting Menu
- At first you have to go to the “Settings” of your device.
- Then you need to tap on the “Backup & Reset”
- Then chose “Reset Device”
- Now chose “Erase Everything”
- Voila you have successfully did a hard reset on Samsung Galaxy S6.
This is how you do a hard reset on Galaxy S6. One thing that you need to in mind that you should always take a proper backup of every important data in somewhere else like Cloud or your Computer. I hope we have helped you to Hard reset on your Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge. It should work perfectly.
Good Read: 5 best cases for Samsung galaxy S6