How to Install Lollipop Android 5.1.1 on HTC One Mini 2 With CyanogenMod 12.1 ROM
It has been confirmed that there will be no Lollipop update for HTC One Mini 2. However, there are developers who made it availale to use Lollipop on HTC One Mini 2 with Unofficial CYanogenMod 12.1. You can install CyanogenMod 12.1 and use Lollipop on your HTC One Mini 2.
Senior XDA member Soenisti made an uofficial cyanogenmod 12.1 ROM for One mini 2 which will allow the users to use Lollipop on ofe Mini 2. They claimed that it is a stable version and quite fast than One Mini 2.
- ROM OS version: 5.1.x Lollipop
- ROM kernel: Linux 3.4.x
- ROM firmware required: latest stock + TWRP 220.127.116.11
- Based on: CyanogenMod
- Status: Stable
- Current stable version: 2.0
- Stable release date: 30 April
- Current beta version: 0.1-2
- Take a backup of all important data
- This will void your warranty
- We are noway liable for anykind ofdamage to your handset
- This guide is for HTC One Mini2 only. DOing this on any other handset will brick that device
- You need to create a full backup of all important data using a custom recovery
- Next, enable USB debugging on Mini 2. In order to do that you have to tap on the build number severla times and you will see a message saying ” You are now a Developer”. Now you have to enable USB debuggin mode by navigating to the Settings > Developer Options
- Charge your phone to atleast 80%
- Your phone should be rooted already with tht latest cusotm recovery installed
- Htc Mini 2 should have unlocked bootloader also
Install Lollipop Android 5.1.1 on HTC One Mini 2 With CyanogenMod 12.1 ROM
Step 1: At-first you have to connect your Phone with computer with USB cable. Now copy the files that you have download. But od not extract the files. Keep the files in the root of your internal storage
Step 2: Now disconnect your phone from computer and switch it off. Now, wait for some time to let the device to off completely
Step 3: Now boot the phone into recovery. To go to the recovery mode you have to Press and hold Power, Volume Up & and home buttons together. Now the fastboot mode will be displayed on the screen. From that screen use Volume Up & Down keys to scroll down & down & up. Now, highlight Recover and then select it by pressing the Power Button. Now, wait until the phone boots into the recovery.
Step 4: Now create a nandroid backup of the existing ROM which can be restored later if the new ROM does not works or even if you want to revert to the current version. Now, select the Backup & Restore and then Backup.
Step 6: Now, tap on the advanced options & then individually wipe the cache, dalvik cache, data & system partition. One thing that need to be mentioned clearly that it is a very important step that need to be donw evertime you do a custom ROM installation. If you are upgrading your android phone or tablet to a newer version of ROM, then just wipe the cache and dalvik cache.
Step 7: Now return to the main recovery menu & select install zip from sdcard >> choose zip from sdcard. Now you should browse where you have putted the CM12.1 ROM. It was stored on the root of your phone’s internal storage. GO there and select it and confirm installation.
Step 8: Do the same for installing Gapps
Step 9: Now, a reboot is required after the installation process is completed. Now select Reboot system Now.
When your phone is rebooted you will see that your HTC One Mini 2 is running on Lollipop android 5.1.1 by unofficial CyanogenMod 12 ROM.
This rom can run in lenovo k4